Period: Oct 2017 (VIC) – Relaunch Oct 2019 (QLD Current)
Name: Defining Our Dying
Subject: Euthanasia/ Assisted Suicide
Let’s take a breath. An alternate voice to question the potential introduction of doctor assisted suicide (‘Voluntary Assisted Dying’) to the Queensland Parliament.
The Queensland Government is currently conducting an Inquiry into aged care, end-of-life and palliative care and voluntary assisted dying via their Parliamentary Health Committee. You can read the Committee’s actions so far, including submissions and transcripts of public hearings, here: https://rebrand.ly/bw3wb0
Help us be heard! We need your help to aggregate and present our cutting edge campaign to influencers far and wide … Donate here.
A grassroots QLD-based initiative asking our elected representatives to reevaluate any potential euthanasia legislation, fully considering what it will mean for our community. You can make a difference by following these steps:
- Read about the Inquiry: https://rebrand.ly/bw3wb0
- Sign the Petition: HERE
- Contact your MP with your concerns (reference content supplied below)
- Write a Letter to the Editor HERE
- Share your personal story (everyone is/ will be impacted by death)
- Donate to this campaign!
- Join the social media sphere of activism by following us on Twitter & Facebook
- Let’s RESPECT our most vulnerable instead of NEGLECTING them so they feel valued and not burdens
- Let’s CARE for our most vulnerable instead of KILL them
- Why aren’t we improving palliation services more before taking this drastic action (the majority of palliative carers attest to the fact that it is extremely rare for a dying patient to request to be medicated to death when good palliation is in place.)
- The slippery slope – when will families try to take matters into their own hands?/ What circumstances will be conditions to be euthanised – e.g. just ‘feeling suicidal?’
- Why are we running campaigns against suicide only to legalise it?
Please feel free to use our materials and share widely!